Luis's Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle!


Please help donate: https://www.gofundme.com/kuzc7tqs



I know I haven't written here in a while so I will start with a brief intro. My name is Luis Gonzales and six years ago I was in a shallow water diving accident that left me paralyzed from the chest down. Living as a quadriplegic hasn’t always been the easiest thing but I have tried my hardest to work hard and save every penny to one day become fully independent. Having reliable transportation is a major obstacles for someone with a disability and I have been struggling to raise money in order to get a handicap accessible vehicle on my own.

While I have never let it hold me down having a disability and using a wheelchair has placed limitations on my life and the types of jobs I can do. It also comes with extra medical expenses that keep setting me back. I have worked extremely hard over the last couple of years to become as independent as possible and I dream of the day that I will no longer require disability benefits and can become a productive member of my community.

Despite everything, I try to work part time when I can and I’m going to school full-time to get my Masters but because I don’t have reliable transportation I spend an average of six hours on the bus every day. The nearest bus stop to where I live is 14 blocks away and many times I have to make that trip and wait while it rains or under extreme heat. This is extremely difficult because my disability doesn’t allow me to regulate my body temperature and I can easily overheat.

Once I am able to obtain an accessible vehicle I would have the opportunity to take the next step in my life. It would allow me to work full-time, get off disability, make a living for myself, get a place of my own that is handicapped accessible, and most importantly give back to others who are in similar situations. I do what I can to volunteer around community and help others who may be in need and have also written a blog to promote independence for other individuals with disabilities.


I am going to school for mental health and rehabilitation counseling and I’m striving to help myself today so I can help others tomorrow. Please help me reach my goal, even the smallest donation will go a long way and please help me share this page so that I may reach more people. Thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

Meet The Author

 photo try1-1.jpg
Hey! Welcome to my blog. My name is Luis Gonzales. I have made this Page to share my experiences. When I was 21 I suffered A diving accident that left me paralyzed from the chest down. Technically speaking my injury is at the C-5 and C-6 vertebraes. There was so much to learn during the first few years but to be honest wether you are getting used to life in a wheelchair or just Life in general the learning process never stops. Hopefully my experiences can help those who are searching for answers. At the very least maybe brighten your day. I'm a very positive person and if you're trying to make yourself a little more independent than you were yesterday in any form I am always happy to help in whatever way I can. If you need to contact me you can use any of the social media devices I am on. You can find all those links at the top left corner of this page. Have a great day. Si es mas fácil... Aunque yo no escribo en español si lo puedo hablar.