The importance of knocking on wood... and eating & writing.


Sigh.. I should have just kept my mouth shut with that last post haha. Lo and behold consequence came and bit me in the... Yeah. Right after posting something about bladder control I myself had a minor setback... Mostly due to maybe too much fun and carelessness on my birthday weekend but it happened and I had to end up changing the sheets, embarrassing. Even though this might be a common occurrence to some quads, it has seriously been months since my last 'accident'. Its been like.. Six months since this has happened so I was, to say the least, a little frustrated. I know, I know.. But Lou you said to not get frustrated. Shut up. Haha I'm joking.

I know I did, but I got my head back on now. These things happen, the important thing is getting right back on schedule. You might have to start with a low number of hours in between cathing but you should be back to normal in no less than two days. If not, just take it a little slower. Put on some Marvin Gaye.

Anyways I've been getting a lot of emails from people all over the world which is great, this is the reason I write and do these tutorial videos. It gives me great pleasure knowing I can help even one person, please keep the questions coming! It's all confidential I promise I'm a great listener. You guys give me great ideas on tutorial videos. I can get pretty lazy so it helps a lot. I was asked to do a video on writing and eating so I guess I'll start with writing and stuff for now (even though at my level injury writing can be a bit of a rarity with modern technology making everything on a computer or gizmo). It's always good to know how to do this stuff on your own if you're able. Riiiiight, well here you go. Better late than never...

Here's a video of me grubbing and dranking like a g (that's eating and drinking for you losers, just kidding). For the record i'm not a big fan of adaptive equipment for quads because I feel that if I dont have it with me im screwed and plus I hate clutter. This sucks for my videos because since I donated all my stuff... now I cant show you guys more options. Oh well.... sorry.

Pretty much the same can be said about this next video.. wish I could have made it better but just.. lack of equipment. For the record I dont know about you but writing was a little hard on me at first because you use your shoulders surprisingly so just know that if you tire from writing its not going to be like that forever.


So... i guess that's it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

Meet The Author

 photo try1-1.jpg
Hey! Welcome to my blog. My name is Luis Gonzales. I have made this Page to share my experiences. When I was 21 I suffered A diving accident that left me paralyzed from the chest down. Technically speaking my injury is at the C-5 and C-6 vertebraes. There was so much to learn during the first few years but to be honest wether you are getting used to life in a wheelchair or just Life in general the learning process never stops. Hopefully my experiences can help those who are searching for answers. At the very least maybe brighten your day. I'm a very positive person and if you're trying to make yourself a little more independent than you were yesterday in any form I am always happy to help in whatever way I can. If you need to contact me you can use any of the social media devices I am on. You can find all those links at the top left corner of this page. Have a great day. Si es mas fácil... Aunque yo no escribo en español si lo puedo hablar.